JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moving icons to another homescreen

(Topic created: 01-02-2022 10:47 AM)
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone know how to freeze the icon and move the homescreens? I seem to only be able to press and freeze an icon and then move it thru screens. That is not the best way to do this. My old phone , an htc with Android, had the hold icon and the scroll thru the homescreens and drop icon method. This is easier than pushing the icon thru the edge of screen to the next and the next screens. There must be a way to activate this. Why would this phone have less in any area than an older phone. I have let Samsung know about this. Not sure why we would want to make any process harder than it should be.

5 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @G-ProPIA, I hope you are doing well.

I believe this can be achieved by pressing and holding on an icon on your home screen and selecting the "Select items" in the pop-up dialogue. Select the app icons you wish to move. Now, I know you're not a fan of dragging them to the next page but that's what you'll have to do to get them to another page.

At least with the select items option you can move as many icons as you'd like. In the end, the results are the same.

I hope you find this helpful! Have a great rest of your day!!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow, that does work. Not sure why you said i would need to drag to next screen. That is not correct.  i can move the screens now and then just press where i want that icon to do.  I was  used to just holding down and freezing and then moving the homescreens on my htc one m8 and dropping an icon, but this is very similar, just one extra step in selecting the 'Select Items', but i mean this S10 gives me so many other options there that that little extra step is fine. I also get the uninstall option and remove from home there.  i didnt have that on old phone and i would have to drag the icon up to trash, to remove it from screen. Thanks!   This is the preferred method for me....esp when you have to go 2 or 3 screens away!  So i can also move a bunch of icons this way and dont have to squeeze through screens anymore.

0 Likes
userylqdyvHRQZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That does not work at all. They cannot even be moved elsewhere on the same screen.

0 Likes
userylqdyvHRQZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't move any of the homescreen icons anywhere... not even on the same screen.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there, not being able to move your apps around is a real pain sometimes let me see if I can help.

Is your phone completely up to date including security updates provided by your carrier? You can check your update status by going to Settings>About Phone>Software Update.

Are you currently using a theme? If so have you tried moving the applications when the theme is disabled?

Are you using any third-party launchers on your phone? If you are I would recommend looking for any updates to your launcher or the launcher's current applied theme, if neither of them has an update or if the updates were not helpful my next suggestion would be to try moving the apps around while your phone is in safe mode.

You can follow this link to boot into Safe mode. Safe mode will temporarily disable all third-party applications returning your phone to stock default apps and settings. If you are able to move the apps around while your phone is in safe mode that means there is a third-party app preventing the apps from moving. If it is an app causing this there are a couple of things we can try. The first would be to go to your Google Play app and Galaxy Store to check for any updates for applications, if there are no updates or if the updates were not helpful we'll need to find the app that's causing the problem. Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to quickly determine which app caused the problem you would need to go in one by one and either disable or uninstall recently installed apps to see which was the problem.

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes