My Galaxy S4 deletes my music

Highlighted
Constellation

My Galaxy S4 deletes my music

Hiii. I've been having this problem for around a year, and im pretty sure that it started since they changed/updated the Samsung Music app. So what happens is that when i download music from my computer or online with my phone, the recently downloaded songs disappear after some time. This has happened many times already and i've had to download the songs over and over again. By the way, im pretty sure all is updated, the music app  and my phone, and i normally clear the cache from time to time.

Also to give you more information, i recentley downloaded a few songs in a different way from how i used to do it, the songs were in a zip folder in my computer, and  i think they got saved in a different folder in my phone from the rest of the songs. So these ones didnt get deleted. Thank you!!

See more topics labeled with:

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: My Galaxy S4 deletes my music

Do you have the "save" options set as internal or external? 

Constellation

Right now the songs get saved to my phone directly, not on the SD card

Have you tried unzipping the files to allow the music to download individually onto the SD Card? What could be preventing the music from transferring directly onto the SD Card, is that the file that is holding the music is zipped; Which means, when the zipped file is transferred to the phone, the device will not be able to download the songs individually because they are zipped (Stuck). The songs will stay in the zipped file. Try Unzipping the files on your computer before downloading the music onto the phone.

Hello, Just following up to see if you still need any assistance.

Constellation

I think you understood it the other way around! I actually didn't have a problem with the songs that were in a zipped folder, those didnt get deleted.

The ones that do get deleted are songs that i send from my computer's folder of  downloaded files to my gmail app; then from the gmail app, i download the songs. These songs are not in a zip folder or anything, they're downloaded from the internet to my computer as individual files.

If the songs were saved in my phone's SD card they wouldnt get deleted? Because if thats the problem, i can try and move them there to see what happens. Thanks!!