Original topic:

My Galaxy S5 is asking for an old account after a factory reset

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 02:51 PM)
usergPBMLZsaxz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please Help, I have Factory Data Reset my previous phone Galaxy S5 Active , at this point the phone is asking me for the Original Samsung Acct Password used to initialize the phone on that day . This is not the current Samsung Acct Password I have now , Samsung states, on their website that all data and settings are backed up when ever a phone is activated .  I also use the cloud as a back up .  Samsung after going through 8 different reps between Account Spt and Tech Spt said, they could not help me because they can not access the account used to set up the S5 Active.  It seems that Samsung establishes an acct for each phone activation and then deletes that acct . All Samsung wants to do is reset my acct password, which will reset my current acct. I don't need or want to do this. There has to be a way to regain access to this phone . 

Thank You

Desperate

0 Likes
1 Reply
userNE3KpIZDxA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
soon you won't be able to use it... just upgrade and ditch the old phone.... to be honest... the oldest Samsung phone I have is a a20 prepaid.... newest s20fe prepaid...
0 Likes