cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAsNBpfoiRg
Asteroid

My Galaxy S6 Edge will not update to Nougat.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was just wondering if anyone knew why Androids latest update (Nougat) will not appear available to download on my S6 Edge. My friend who has a normal S6 got the download yesterday but my phone still has not. I have seen that other S6 Edges have had the update but not mine. Does anyone know why this is occuring? Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: My Galaxy S6 Edge will not update to Nougat.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userAsNBpfoiRg.

Updates are ultimately pushed out by the carriers. That means we don't always have an exact time frame on when those might be sent out as every carrier has their own time schedule. Often the best option is to reach out directly to your carrier and see if they have any information they can give!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userAsNBpfoiRg.

Updates are ultimately pushed out by the carriers. That means we don't always have an exact time frame on when those might be sent out as every carrier has their own time schedule. Often the best option is to reach out directly to your carrier and see if they have any information they can give!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userAsNBpfoiRg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ok. Thank you for helping. Smiley Happy
user86pB2BAHEt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone was originally from Verizon and it's unlocked and has been switched to cricket wireless. Where do I go to ask about any information on the update 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user86pB2BAHEt

I would suggest talking to the original carrier for the phone, Verizon in this case. Alternately, you can always try out Smart Switch. When downloaded onto your computer you can use the program to update the device as long as that update was pushed out to your device at one point. You can see more about this program here on our site: http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

userB0pFSdqbRD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My husband is experiencing the same issue, and we have an ATT phone which ATT owns Cricket. We have talked to best buy, samsung and even Cricket with no resolve to this problem. It is very frustrating to experience this when these are our fir Andriod phones it really makes me wish we would have stuck with Apple,