cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZion
Constellation

My Galaxy S6 is overheating and making a rattling noise.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone recently has been making a very bad rattling noise from the camera and it over heats when I am making calls or listening to music. It gets so hot that it almost burned my hand one time. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: My Galaxy S6 is overheating and making a rattling noise.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userZion. I hope your hand is okay. I'd like to further investigate this situation and see what we can set up to have Samsung amend your customer experience. If you'd like to discuss that, please send me a private message.

For anyone else experiencing overheating of their device, please read the following:

Temperature problems can become very concerning and I've noticed them go hand in hand with rapid battery drain and/or hardware concerns.
Let's go over a few things to make sure we have everything correct on our end:

• Make sure you are only using the Samsung OEM charging accessories for the phone. Third party ones not configured for your device can cause unexpected results.
  • Make sure your operating system as well as all of your Play Store & Galaxy App Store apps are up to date.  If you have any compatibility problems with your software on the phone due to having some software updated while others are not, your processor may start running more than expected which can cause a warmer temperature as well as a lower battery life.
  • It's already a good idea to clear your app cache as well as your cache partition. It's supposed to allow the system to run more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly
  • Always utilize our Safe Mode option on the phone to help isolate the problem from third party apps. If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one.
  • The very last software troubleshooting step option would be backing up and resetting the phone to it's factory default settings to see how it behaves.
  • If all else fails, you can get that set up with our support team at 1-800-726-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userZion. I hope your hand is okay. I'd like to further investigate this situation and see what we can set up to have Samsung amend your customer experience. If you'd like to discuss that, please send me a private message.

For anyone else experiencing overheating of their device, please read the following:

Temperature problems can become very concerning and I've noticed them go hand in hand with rapid battery drain and/or hardware concerns.
Let's go over a few things to make sure we have everything correct on our end:

• Make sure you are only using the Samsung OEM charging accessories for the phone. Third party ones not configured for your device can cause unexpected results.
  • Make sure your operating system as well as all of your Play Store & Galaxy App Store apps are up to date.  If you have any compatibility problems with your software on the phone due to having some software updated while others are not, your processor may start running more than expected which can cause a warmer temperature as well as a lower battery life.
  • It's already a good idea to clear your app cache as well as your cache partition. It's supposed to allow the system to run more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly
  • Always utilize our Safe Mode option on the phone to help isolate the problem from third party apps. If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one.
  • The very last software troubleshooting step option would be backing up and resetting the phone to it's factory default settings to see how it behaves.
  • If all else fails, you can get that set up with our support team at 1-800-726-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check your inbox @userZion. Smiley Happy