JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Galaxy S6 phone stuck in loop!

(Topic created: 03-23-2020 01:45 PM)
user9ymwPB8Nd3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please can anyone help! My phone (Galaxy S6) is stuck in a loop of looks like restarting and I can't turn it off!

It looks like it's not fully restarting, it just switches between black SAMSUNG screen and the loss screen. But when swipe on the lock screen to open phone it goes back to black SAMSUNG screen. Doing it on its own too without touching it.

Any ideas how to properly turn off/restart? Fix this? All help welcome I am stuck in self isolation and really need my phone

Thank you

15 Replies
user9ymwPB8Nd3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Looking that up earlier, was hoping to avoid that as will lose stuff and seems there are a few issues that could occur when doing it. May be only option tho

0 Likes
saxonlucius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hold the power and the volume up button down till it reboots.

0 Likes
user9ymwPB8Nd3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for replying, unfortunately this and other options like this are not working.

0 Likes
APang
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello user9ymwPB8Nd3,

If you are unable to get to the other menus through the buttons or screen and it keeps looping, then a Software Reflash is the 1st option.  If it does not solve the issue, then the motherboard on your device has failed. Each scenario results in data loss and the cost of replacing the motherboard will be expensive.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
MommaBear319
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you are worried about losing pictures and stuff, even when powered off this should work, plug your phone into a laptop or desktop computer and save to the computer or USB drive everything you can.

0 Likes
Samsung_qUJMqIY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What I do is take the battery out for a while and then put it back and sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't so try it, you may get lucky...good luck

0 Likes