Original topic:

My S5 Phone is out of memory, with most of it in the Other category

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 04:50 AM)
userkrAd9sGYLl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been searching for weeks trying to find a solution to this issue with no success.

My S5 phone is giving me a Memory Full error message, even though I don't have too many apps.  The majority of the used memory is in the Others category, which doesn't help identify where the issue lies. (see below)

I've tried a cache cleaner, but that did nothing to help.  In fact, it couldn't be loaded until I deleted other apps to make room for it.  I also tried the safety boot and deleted the cache partition, but that did not resolve the issue either.

I'm at a loss for what to try next.  Any suggestions on where this accumulated data can be found and purged?

Screenshot_2021-06-17-07-35-34.png

2 Replies
BlackConvoy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
"Others" most likely means the apps you installed as well as the space already preoccupied by the Android system & the preinstalled apps. (Remember, you're already down to about 90-95% of the device storage straight outta the box; older devices and devices with less memory could be down by as much as a third to half, straight outta the box.)
0 Likes
Lrock
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
root it, install a better rom with more ability to manage storage and allow you to use SD card as an extension of internal storage.

your device is out of warranty anyway
0 Likes