Original topic:

My contacts disappeared and not able to save new ones on my Galaxy S10?

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 06:25 PM)
DaNikquia
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There was a recent software update to my phone, however right after the update half my contacts disappeared and I also cannot save new ones either. I've backed up, restored, restarted, cleared the cache, an all...and still nothing. The text message an call log isn't recording or saving them either. I even tried removing my accounts an reading them an re syncing an still nothing. Is anyone else having issues after that update?

5 Replies
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

1. What model S phone do you have specifically?

2. What software update is your phone on? Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build number (last 4 characters)

3. try submitting a n error report through the Samsung Members app.

Is it deleting from the Stock Samsung Contacts app? 

0 Likes
DaNikquia
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
1.Galaxy S10
2.GUH4
3. I tried and talking to someone over the phone and also them remotely tried to fix the problem but that did not work either.
An yes I believe so
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello there, do you have multiple accounts synced for your contacts?

If so I would recommend removing one of the accounts and then attempting to save the contacts to your Google/Samsung account.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1abvqjDC7W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Having the same issue after recent update. Some are there but you can only see the name for half a second then only shows number. On Note 20.
0 Likes
userTi8iIN6eB7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Contacts sync not working on Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ too. 

0 Likes