Original topic:

My international SM-986B/DS not compatible with 5G network

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 12:51 PM)
userHfUZN0TJGo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an international SM-986B/DS.  It is unlocked and I have an ATT sim card.  They are trying to shut me off as they say this phone isn't compatible with their new 5G network.  Is there anyway around this?  They say they see this phone as a 3G phone with the IEMI.  I use this phone in europe as well.

5 Replies
Nate11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue with a galaxy a52. Model sm-a525m/ds. Since they ARE 4g compatible they should work. But idk
0 Likes
RavenM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was told that it's if the phone supports VoLTE or not. If it doesn't it won't work on the new network. I have no idea why a new phone would not be supported. I also have a Samsung galaxy a52 5g. I left ATT because of this. 🤷
0 Likes
Nate11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Att is literally still selling the a52 5g 🤦‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
SpaceKvothe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ATT forced me to get rid of my international phone as well, so I had to buy new one unlocked in US with correct US configuration, it requires for 4G/5G as ATT getting rid of 3G support.

You potentially can flash US firmware with losing security, warranty, etc. But I decided to buy a new secure compatible device...
0 Likes
userHfUZN0TJGo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is it still a dual sim?  I haven't found one..  I will try the esim and use the physical one for my EE sim.

0 Likes