Original topic:

My phone cannot see the Windows Videostream desktop app

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 04:28 PM)
bzbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've run Videostream for years with few problems but recently my phone has been unable to see the Windows desktop ap and so cannot pair to it. Videostream on Windows can see my Chromecast device, I've tried Videostream's network repair tool AND manually checked ports but have never had my phone not see and pair to desktop ap? 

Help.... or recommend a free app that allows my the same features... the ability to select and control casting videos on a Windows desktop.

6 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
any desk?? I'll have to research that sounds cool.
0 Likes
bzbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I only have one desktop windows so I cannot say whether another would connect. I have tried all the recommended setting and fixes... most simply open the same pprts. I have also tried reinstalling everything and turning off all security.
This problem which appeared at least a month ago, is different from all the previous in that previous cause Videostream to fail on windows, caused by Windows security updates, fixed by opening ports or allowing app access. Once running on Windows, my Android phone hod no problem re-pairing to Win app. Now, the desktop ap can cast, the phone itself can cast, the phone can start and stop the video being cast by desktop, with the Google Home app, but the phone fails to connect with its Videostream app. So videos on the Windows machine have to selected and started at the desktop which is in another room on a different floor... grrrr.
The wifi/Lan is on an Optimum supplied, Ubee router that even Optimum's website cannot Admin, so that is one suspect.
Another suspect is Google Chome, and I have tried reverting to an old version, with same results.
Then there's the myriad of Android updates and setting.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Stremio
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My oculus supports Virtual Desktop to watch whatever on my windows 10 with support of 11. But that costs 20 dollars. Streaming assistant is free I read. I am noticing projectors aren't compatible with Windows now, only for Android devices and chromebooks. I need to research more but I want a projector that can wireless connect to windows and the wireless ones I see are all android TV based and can only connect with a Microsoft adapter, so I'm about to give up on projectors but still need to research more. Maybe all of this is due to copyright issues so I'm not sure but it seems to be difficult to use windows with projectors nowadays.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I saw parsec on the app store for my phone maybe this will work
0 Likes
userDYnv33potx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue on my Pixel 4a. Worked fine for many years. Now can start and cast from Windows app, can pickup and control from mobile app, but cannot pair phone to windows app. Also can no longer connect as Premium member. I believe Videostream support is on life support.

0 Likes