Original topic:

My s10e autorotation stops working after some time until a reboot.

(Topic created on: 3/12/21 6:46 AM)
userY4s7CPamvJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've noticed that autorotation stops working after some time. It is enabled but the phone stops rotating the screen for example in camera app. To fix it I need to reboot the phone. It is horribly annoying. I tried to test senors after autorotation had stopped working and I wasn't able to read any of sensors data including other sensors like magnetometer and proximity sensor. After reboot the sensor test app works normally.

It seems to be an issue of the latest update G970U1UEU4FUA4.
Is there a way to fix it permanently.
Is there a chance that Samsung will fix it in the next update?

0 Likes
7 Replies
userY4s7CPamvJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It seems that proximity sensor does not work too.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this issue still occur when your phone is in safe mode? If so I recommend that you clear the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
userY4s7CPamvJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your advice.
I've just done it.
I hope it will solve the problem.

0 Likes
userY4s7CPamvJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've just noticed that cache clearing hadn't helped. Auto rotation proximity stopped working again.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for confirming.

Were you able to test your device in safe mode to see if you experience the same symptoms? This mode disables third-party apps from running in the background that may be causing this to occur.

0 Likes
userY4s7CPamvJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am not able to do it. It needs a few hours for sensors to stop responding.  The sensor test  app shows me the error message about firmware problems. I will try to use sensor test app on combination with logcat. I have attached the screenshot from sensor test app.

Screenshot_20210401-124236_Sensor Test.jpg

0 Likes
userY4s7CPamvJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have found a forum about s10e.  https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=946152

Everybody who uses Android 11 faces sensors issue on their g970-u1. All the sensors drop out.

It is ridiculous!

Is there an issue tracker to report such a global problem?

0 Likes