JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung s8 plus wont turn on :(

(Topic created: 12-11-2020 08:28 AM)
userXMFCQyAl1X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I need help please. my Samsung s8 plus crashed, turned itself off and wont turn back on again. I already tried hard reboot (volume down + power button) but nothing happened. plugged into wall charger but nothing happened ( not charging and led indicator not lit). I cant even go to recovery mode 😞 help please 😞 . thanks a lot

6 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your phone or tablet may not turn on if you are not charging it properly. But on the other hand, it may not turn off if it's completely frozen. If it's is not responding to you pressing the power button, let us help you get it working again. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001482/

If these steps do not help, repairs would be recommended. You are welcome to visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in service repair options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usertKtAtkgQho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Help-- my husband put his S8 on the charger last night and today it won't turn on. We've tried doing the 2 button and the 3 button resets but to no effect. We've put it on 3 different charges. There are no lights at all. 

What else can I try, please?

LuisBuis05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
has the phone been taken good care of? the only issue I could think of is if the phone has been dropped or in bad shape maybe some wiring would disconnect within the motherboard like the charging port. Could be the battery itself as an S8+ user myself since September 2017, I can definitely say these batteries have been through stuff and some maybe have been degraded to their limits, my best recommendation to you would be to go to a phone repair shop and ask for a battery change, and while they have the phone open to make sure everything is properly connected they shouldn't charge extra I believe.
usertKtAtkgQho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  It has been well-taken care of, and was working fine when he put it on the charger. So we'll have to send/ bring it for repair I guess!

0 Likes
usertKtAtkgQho
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We brought the phone to the local phone shop, who tried a battery, but it was dead. He said it was probably the motherboard. 

We had bought it reconditioned and it worked for 1.5 years, fair enough. We are buying a new one with a warranty for the replacement!

@usertKtAtkgQho wrote:

Help-- my husband put his S8 on the charger last night and today it won't turn on. We've tried doing the 2 button and the 3 button resets but to no effect. We've put it on 3 different charges. There are no lights at all. 

What else can I try, please?

0 Likes
user4iGAe7TULo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s8 got freezed on watching a YouTube video,  made a grim sound and then turn off. Since then I have tried all possible options to restart that includes force restart,  safe mode , recovery mode. None of them work. Before it turned black the battery was 96% charged ... and was working absolutely fine. Now even with all button combinations, the only thing does turns the phone for a few secs on Samsung logo for a couple second is volume down + power for 10 secs.. 

I have even tried leaving the phone on charging for a day but no sign of phone even showing charging. Pls help