JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-14-2021 10:48 AM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Samsung_t12CchH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

And as for adaptors and external hard drives...why would I ruin life with toting around a box of adaptors, cables, and external drives everywhere I go when I could just have a 2TB micro sd in my phone at all times with 0 complications?! Leave it to Samsung to ruin their brand copying apple when they had a far superior product line!

useraBYDngssOz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been getting the new galaxy flagship phone every spring since galaxy S3. I learned to live with non removable battery thanks to the charging speed improvements. I've learned to live without a 3.5mm jack with great bluetooth earphones flooding the market. However, this removal of microsd card has crossed the line. Local microsd with encryption allows for better security compared to the cloud storage. Also saves a lot of money on monthly cloud storage fees. Unless samsung provide 1Tb local storage with extremely fast transfer rates to facilitate data transfers to the next phone and free or reasonably priced and secure cloud storage, removing the microsd slot is unacceptable. It's really a shame. I am finally done with samsung galaxy and will be shopping for alternatives this spring... 😞

userAiDXi0ngsw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I had planned on buying the S21 but once I saw the stories of no SD card I started looking for a new S20..   Luckly I was able to get one and it's awesome so I should be good for a few years.    If Samsung does not bring back the SD card support then this S20 will be my last Samsung.    The new Sony phones look really nice and they have SD support  along with the headphone jack.    

Samsung_t12CchH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree! I just got this S10 last year and just days after I got it they jumped to the S20. This is a great, new phone. I have no reason to get another. If this breaks, I already have another S10 in my shopping cart under "saved for later." I'll just keep getting S10s. I won't buy a phone without micro SD card capability now. As a graphic artist who was so impressed with the capability of these phones, that I left my MacBook Pro in the states, I need to be able to have a 2TB card and not be constantly tethered to clouds and cables and adaptors and external drives! Definitely not buying the newest Samsung flagships anymore if they continue to rebrand themselves as iGalaxy

franciscolopezus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

They jacked up the price of th @ 20 by 200 Bucks, as people are more interested in it than, in spite of not the best camera, in in the S21 with no SD card

usermMMC6ZQLx4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

It is one of the dumbest decisions Samsung made for sure! One of the top reasons people go with android phones is due to the support of microSD. Now not only Samsung removes it,  it doesn't even provide a much larger drive. Cloud is not practical. Not only it is a lot slower, it also needs a conenction which is not always avalable and it eats up your plan allowance. Samsung is bragging how great the camera is but what is the point when there is not enough space to save your photo or video? Some best places to use the camera would be remote and no connection, what then? Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! 

usermMMC6ZQLx4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just to add, if someone does not know, UK/European version of Galaxy S21 Ultra has microSD support. I had a live chat and they confirmed it. This was just infuriating why US market was specifically targeted to remove microSD support.

RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

that's crazy

0 Likes
user8sQMRTBUot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

??? Where did you see that cause I live in Europe and for me no sd card means no more buying samsung anymore ... i was actually waiting if a samsung note would come out with sd card and nfc payment available 

usermMMC6ZQLx4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

From Samsung UK support. Thanks

0 Likes