Original topic:

Need assistance with recently updated software s10 plus hard factory reset due to human error

(Topic created on: 2/27/21 8:03 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello, noob here. I made dumb mistakes and I need help rectifying the situation.

The only option is resetting the phone because I cannot for the life of me remember my password because I cannot access the emails, number in my phone... I cannot turn off my phone because it needs to unlock after the update. I cannot remember the password and code to unlock.

I tried pressing the up, down volume and b button (below) and power button simultaneously and a weird reboot options show up with incorrect grammar "DO NOT ***REBOOT FINISH IT***" is what it stated at the bottom as it started uploading 55 files. I turned it off throughout the process.

Anyways, hacked or not, I need to factory reset the phone. How do I go about doing that?
0 Likes
4 Replies
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If the device is powered off you can press and hold the Bixby button, volume up button and power button. The device should then power on when samsung logo appears you should be able to let go of the buttons and boot to recovery mode. From there wipe data/ factory reset. note your information will be erased and the phone will be similar to just getting the phone for the first time.
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The thing is... I cannot turn off the phone. 

0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe you can try doing it when the battery runs out and you plug it in to charge.
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So it looks like you can do a forced restart by pressing and holding the power button and volume down for a count of about 11. unless you put Mississippi in there the count then it's probably 10. You then press and hold the power volume up and Bixby button until you are in recovery and should be able to choose factory reset after that.
0 Likes