Original topic:

Need to disable internet on Galaxy s10

(Topic created: 11-07-2022 08:13 PM)
userHFAOi2n0Kx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Long story short I need to find a way to keep my mother off the internet on her Galaxy S10. After a long and tremulous summer we finally got my mother into assisted living. She has brain damage which results in short term memory loss and emotional issues. I gave her my old S10 so she could use it for calls/text and Facebook to keep in contact with family. Before we got her into Assisted Living she would spend money online as a way to deal with her depression and anxiety. Now that she's in assisted living (on state disability) she's on a fixed income of $70/mo. She's only been in the facility for 2 months but started to get back online and spend money she doesn't have. She's currently $700 in debt to the facility because she's spent so much money and can't make rent. It doesn't matter how many conversations I have with her because she always forgets, gets bored/depressed, and get on Etsy/ebay/Walmart/etc and buys garbage. I have to find a way to restrict her access to retail site without, hopefully, banning her from her email and Facebook. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hanging by a thread here.
6 Replies
Oxford
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How is she paying for her online activities? Is it a credit card in her name?
userHFAOi2n0Kx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
She uses her PayPal account which is attached to her checking. I've thought about deleting the PP and Ebay accounts but she's not dumb. She'll just make new ones.
0 Likes
sweetness876
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
BigFlubba
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You could put the phone in kids mode and restrict apps that can be opened while monitoring what happens.
0 Likes
Sunshine2008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You could also use Norton app lock
0 Likes