JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Samsung Galaxy S7 back is coming off as battery is swelling.

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 02:29 AM)
uservl4LBK5PYZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

I purchased a Galaxy S7 but never used it until this 2020. In 2021 I started using this as a backup phone for WhatsApp and it was hardly used. What I observed that this new phone was not holding charge and recently I found that IMG_2964.JPGIMG_2963.JPGIMG_2962.JPGIMG_2966.JPGback glass is coming off. After searching I found that battery is swelling in this new phone where the original screen protector is still there. 

It is very surprising that samsung makes such poor quality stuff and calls it premium phone. I will never buy a samsung phone in future and I demand that my phone battery be replaced.

Terrible product and service! Never Buy Samsung Product!

Thanks,

Manish

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there @uservl4LBK5PYZ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and I can understand the frustrations this may have caused you. I would recommend reaching out to 1-800-SAMSUNG (800-726-7864) to receive further assistance regarding your concerns.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good luck in finding a phone without a lithium ion battery. lithium batteries have a shelf life along with a max cycle count and eventually go bad.
You can extend its life by cycling it every few months, making sure to charge the battery to 50% after the 100%-0 cycle. Also Storing it in a cold location (ziplock in the fridge) will help preserve the battery.
I've personally seen lg phones and iPhones with swelling batteries that damaged the devices appearance, and heard of it happening to a few other devices.
0 Likes
uservl4LBK5PYZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The phone was kept in a new box without being used as I had an older iPhone that I am using till date and still works perfectly (no swelling). It's basically brand new phone that was never used and still not getting used often. I recently took out of the box and installed just WhatsApp due to privacy issues with WhatsApp, otherwise I don't use this phone and even WhatsApp is also used infrequently! I took it out of the box in around January or February 2021  and I have used it for less than 10 hours!! Just to make important WhatsApp calls. Your argument is incorrect! If you are from samsung then you know that it's a widespread issue...Samsung poor quality premium products!

0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is the community members app for Samsung for us to help each other, and no I'm not "from Samsung". I would recommend you learn more about lithium ion batteries and the best practices for long term storage. Since it's a different form of storage and doesn't compare to how you have used your iPhone "using till date".
0 Likes
uservl4LBK5PYZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok! Thanks for telling me that this is just user to user! I am signing out from this website then..

I did store it properly and I very well know about Lithium batteries and did what I was suppose to do! This was a common problem with this model! Great then no point in putting any information on this website. I messaged support and they too did not respond..Great Company! Good luck Samsung! 

0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well you should have reported within the 1 year manufacture warranty if the battery was damaged/faulty. and okay bye, sorry you had bad experience with your battery, but it can happen with any device.
0 Likes
userCsTP7nCGvF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the Samsung community members app, which allows us to assist one another, and no, I'm not "from Samsung." I propose that you study more about lithium-ion batteries and long-term storage best practices. Because it's a distinct type of storage that doesn't compare to how you've used your iPhone "to date. modapksoft.com"

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there @uservl4LBK5PYZ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and I can understand the frustrations this may have caused you. I would recommend reaching out to 1-800-SAMSUNG (800-726-7864) to receive further assistance regarding your concerns.

View solution in context

0 Likes