JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Old features on new Samsung Notes update

(Topic created: 09-18-2020 06:05 AM)
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I wish i could have  some features from the old version of the notes app. Like colors for folders, the title placement is nor user friendly , saving to folders is not user friendly,   font color for the title, no place for uncategorized notes. I need to explore more of this but i am pretty sure i miss the colors for the categories/ folders.

Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
thanks for responding to all of my questions patiently. Really appreciate that very much.
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

You're always welcome. 

So many really good questions about this new version. I'm glad I could help a little bit with some of them. 

Have a great weekend, 

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
also is there anyway to sort the folders the way i want them and not sort them by alphabet order?
0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

When you're looking at the main folders page if you select the more icon at the top right corner, 3 vertical dots, if will show the options for sort order. I changed the sort order but really don't like that it seems to apply the sort order on an app wide basis. Everything follows that sort order. I might be wrong or confused about this one. I'm still learning.Screenshot_20200918-084935_Samsung Notes.jpg

Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
got it. Thanks for responding. Appreciate it very much.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
if i open a note there is no way to tell which folder it is unless i go and click on the title and see what folder it is and then come back to writing my note. Also if i dont have a title but it is in a folder then if i open that note i cant tell if is saved or in any folder just by looking at it.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Earlier the title, body, category/ folder are in the same page and it was handy to use and edit. Now title is moved up and folder is hidden under the title and the body is below. It is not very user friendly for me. But it could just me and how i use it.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
hello @Clf Few more observations:1); if i open a note i dont know just by looking which folder it is part of and weather it is in a folder or not. 2) in my all notes view i have a whole list of notes and still dont know which folder they belong to and are they in a folder or not .
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

I saw this question earlier in the conversation and wasn't sure how to reply without seeing it for myself.

I opened the all apps view later and realized that your absolutely right. 

If you have an idea of how they might mark the notes in the all notes screen to indicate which folder they are in I would post it as a Samsung Notes feature request. A request for the option to change the folder colors should be included I think.

If you think of anything be sure to share with us. I pretty much stay in the folder view most of the time. I can see all the notes that are not in folders there and it's less confusing for me working with folders. 

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Hello @Clf is there any way to save these all folders into my internal storage directly in the same folder format? I have seen that i can go inside a folder and select all and save them to internal storage as pdf but i need to do this for all my folders 1 by one so i was wondering if there is a way to directly save the while folder into my internal storage? just wanted to check with you. 🙂
0 Likes