JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Old features on new Samsung Notes update

(Topic created: 09-22-2020 09:36 PM)
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I wish i could have  some features from the old version of the notes app. Like colors for folders, the title placement is nor user friendly , saving to folders is not user friendly,   font color for the title, no place for uncategorized notes. I need to explore more of this but i am pretty sure i miss the colors for the categories/ folders.

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey,

@Simplepink

I agree and use the biometric as well. It's fast and easy. No issues at all with that.

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
hello CLF & @Simplepink, i am trying to view my notes in chronological order and i can do that in all notes view to go over latest ones but, in that view i cant really see which note is in which folder. Another generic problem if i open a note which is already saved in a folder then if i just open it then i cant see which folder it is part of unless i tap on that title then i can see and tap out to continue typing... but if i can see the folder at a glance it will be easy for use
0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options

@Goutham123 There doesn't seem to be a way to see the folder a note is in without tapping the title field. I'm trying to understand why this is must have. It would be nice to have ability to see the folder level for each note while inside the note but the design of this software version doesn't have it that way. 

It's best to organize your notes by folder so you're familiar with where your notes are saved. There is "Frequently used" option in the left menu to give access to notes you access often. I find that useful. 

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but we are stuck with this design where folder is not displayed in All Notes view or in individual note view without having to tap title field. It annoying. Maybe submit feedback to them and hope they implement it. If we all do that...there would be 3 complaints about it! 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
where do i submit the feedback? in playstore?
0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options

@Goutham123 you can do it from the Galaxy Store by rating the app and providing your review as feedback. 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
@Simplepink that i can do but i am not sure if that will be picked up out of the 218k reviews... 😁
0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options
hahha @Goutham123 I know! Well, they see your complaints here and on the store. What more can you possibly do? lol.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
True.. will see how it goes... the more i use it the more things i find not very user friendly... i am not trying to nit-pick here but even on the voice recordings it is very confusing on the pause and play and save.. I go to a new note and i start a voice record and then all the actions with that voice recording are not very friendly.. yesterday i was trying it and i should say i didnt like it . but it could just be me but let me know your thoughts as well on the voice record inside the notes. @Simplepink & @Clf
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

If you're in the play store to write a review there is a Contact Developer link to email them. I don't know if it sends them directly to the Samsung Notes App developer team or to Samsung in general.

Posting a feature request here in the Samsung community forum is also an option. Add some tags to your post such as Notes app features request, notes app feedback ect. Sometimes the developers search the forums for feedback and feature requests and add them to a future updates.

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

I haven't gotten around to voice recording yet primarily because I'm not very good at it. I freeze like a deer in the headlights. Don't know what to say. I'll give it a try today.

Did you know the notes app is set to open by default for some actions. If I save all my notes to a folder in internal storage each time I open one to view the contents it opens the notes app and automatically saves it. I opened the same note five times in my files and I have five duplicate files in the notes app. I guess that's ok I can easily see them in the folders view.

CLF 

0 Likes