JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Old features on new Samsung Notes update

(Topic created: 09-24-2020 06:16 AM)
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I wish i could have  some features from the old version of the notes app. Like colors for folders, the title placement is nor user friendly , saving to folders is not user friendly,   font color for the title, no place for uncategorized notes. I need to explore more of this but i am pretty sure i miss the colors for the categories/ folders.

48 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

I just tried out the new voice recording. 

It pins itself to the top right corner and can't be moved. I added three and used it's menu system to view and play them. It's recording the voice really well and does have the volume slider so that's a plus. I had trouble trying to delete it once I had three voice recordings recorded. I've never really used it just wanted to to see how it works. Could use some improvements I think. 

Adding an audio file works great it adds a text box that can be moved, resized ect. The same as adding website bookmarks. 

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Hello @Clf i did exactly that first and in in an automated response i got that has details about this app samsung members and then i downloaded it and came here and i put a post and here were are.... 😁 ... what a story...lol... I'll try posting the feature request in Samsung community like you said and will see how it goes.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
I saw the duplication thing you mentioned above when o tried to save them in my internal and view them it saved it as a new copy in notes ... but I don't know what is the expected outcome there.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
yeah the voice recordings can be made lot better for sure. the top righ corner is so small for me to pause it and start it again and i was scared i might remove it completely...the old version of voice recording was a bit different but that one was also not that perfect but I like the old one better than this. 😅
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

So far I think overall this new app is great and this is a really good thread for learning and sharing. It's only been out for a month now and I've already installed a good sized update. They're probably already working on some of the features we would like to have that weren't ready for this version. I want it all and I want it now. Lol

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
haha true i difinitly am liking sone of the features and the new UI and folders are growing on me more so for the Note users with stylus it might be a good user experience... anytime a major version upgrade happen i guess these things will be there which will i guess/ hope will be addressed with minor fixes later on... lets hope that a few things mentioned in this thread gets adressed.But thanks to you and SimplePink for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Just realized there is no search option in Folders. I was surprised to see that this is missing .. please let me know if i am missing anything here???
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Is there a last created and last updated timestamp on the notes in the new version?
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Is there any feature in the notes to actually scroll left and right to go to next note from a open note??
0 Likes