Original topic:

NextRadio Not Working on Galaxy S10+

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 10:57 AM)
eweinreb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The problem specified in the subject line is described in the following post:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Android-11-breaks-FM-Radio-on-S10/m-p/1724864#M5...

The solution given there--clearing app data and cache--does not work.

Samsung, any plans to get the NextRadio app working again?  It's pretty clear that the update to Android 11 caused NextRadio to fail on my Galaxy S10+.  AlticeMobile is my carrier.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this problem.

All the best,

eweinreb

3 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones

there should be a list of compatible devices for NextRadio, you should look into that

0 Likes
eweinreb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your response.  I had previously downloaded NextRadio on my Galaxy S10+ in the summer of 2020 for use at drive-in movies and it worked just fine.  I used it in the fall of 2020 just fine again.  Then, in April 2021, when I updated to Android 11 came out, it failed. 

My device--the Galaxy S10+--was obviously compatible with the app.  The update to Android 11 is what messed things up.  Samsung should fix this ASAP. 

I would also note that some people on the Web have stated that Samsung has a native FM Tuner app (see https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/FM-chip-no-longer-active-since-the-Android-11-up....  That's really what I wanted NextRadio for: the tuner aspect (i.e., to listen to radio off-line/without a data connection).  However, those people who have tried to use Samsung's native FM Tuner app have reported it as not working after the Android 11 upgrade.

At drive-in movies, there is no broadcast via website/the Internet.  It's via airwaves, and now, it looks like I have to go out and get a substandard dongle to attach to my Galaxy S10+ to regain the functionality that I once had. 

Again, Samsung should not be upgrading the OS while effectively downgrading phone functionality (although I'll certainly trade the FM tuner capability for better security if that's what it comes to).

All the best, 

eweinreb

0 Likes
skybronco
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung, please fix this feature that was advertised and now does not work. TMobile executives I spoke to on the phone say they absolutely had nothing to do with this, please fix

0 Likes