No Emergency Alerts capabilities

Asteroid

No Emergency Alerts capabilities

I am hoping there is an answer here.  I am not getting wireless emergency alerts on my S7.   In a simple Google search, I am finding complaint posts on Verizon, Sprint, Republic, AT&T and T-Mobile (and that's just on the first page) for this model, so I am pretty sure is it NOT a carrier issue. 

I get NO alerts - weather, amber, etc.  - even though they are all turned on and I have my phone set for a tone AND vibrate.   And today, I did not get the presidential alert.  I have missed numerous flood warnings in my area. 

If I turn all the alerts off and back on, I sometimes get them for a week, but then they quit working, even though they are set to "on" and tones and vibrate are active. 

Not sure if this is related to my WiFi occassionally shutting off by itself (causing me to be dinged for data), my Bluetooth randomly being shut off and my GPS being shut off regularly, when I have them all turned on, but I am about done with Samsung!

3 REPLIES
Cosmic Ray

Re: No Emergency Alerts capabilities

I didn't get the president alert today.

Samsung Moderator

Generally the Carrier is in fact the first stop in figuring out why you aren't getting the Alerts. The Alerts are pushed out from the Carrier side. Despite what your Google search suggests, I do recommend reaching out to the carrier directly to see what's causing them not to come through. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Cole,

I did reach out to my carrier, and they did send them.  When I turn off all the alerts and then turn them back on (during times when I expect to get one), they will come through.  Then at some point it quits working again.  And if I shut off and turn back on, they come on again. 

This is NOT a Verizon issue.  This is a Samsung or Android issue.  It is prevalent with this model.  When I am sitting around with my family, all of which are Samsung users with other models or other phone brands but all Verizon customers, and they ALL get the alert and I don't, it isn't a carrier issue.

I have been a die-hard Samsung customer for almost 10 years.  This is the the third Samsung product that I have owned, with issues, for which Samsung has deflected and denied any responsibility for.   It is always someone else's issue and with my other products, I was blamed for the issue.  This phone is paid off and shortly Verizon will offer me some deal on a new phone.  And it won't be a Samsung, because as far as I can tell, Samsung doesn't give a darn about its customers after it gets its money.