Original topic:

No longer able to receive calls after software update?

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 07:23 PM)
kmichelle84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone else having trouble making and receiving calls. My phone did an automatic software update and now I can't receive or make calls since Friday. And no it's not in airplane mode and yes I've taken out and reinserted Sim several times, worked once Friday but by the next day it started having the same issue 

9 Replies
Smokechaser61
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Contact your provider?
peachess1958
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same issue
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what phone do you have specifically, what what carrier is it on?

0 Likes
peachess1958
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have Samsung galaxy note 10 plus, and Boost is the carrier. Had a problems when they were bought out by Dish network a year ago.. found a fix online, Never had any problems since until they sent this new sim card and asked me to install it. Now dropping calls constantly, can't get data or text to work hardly at all.
0 Likes
SmokeyJoy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same issue. They say Samsung is having a connectivity issue.
0 Likes
PastorDan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am absolutely having the same problem, with Straight Talk as my carrier. The most frustrating parts: I BOUGHT THE PHONE FROM STRAIGHT TALK, and now after 4 months they've decided that there's a compatibility issue. The chat agents are practically no help, and they can't fix the problem. It sounds like it's a large number of Samsung Galaxy A-series models. I kept getting passed from one person to another, and I was cut off several times. I GOT DIFFERENT STORIES FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE. The latest is that I HAVE TO SEND MY PHONE BACK, but they have NOT said what they might do once they get it back. I can't even talk to them about it unless I have another working phone available, meaning that I am limited to evenings, and their queues are usually well over 100, sometimes 250 customers ahead of me. It's just crazy. And stupid!
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What S model phone do you have specifically? 

What software version is it on?  (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same problem here. After android 11 update. Can make and talk.to caller if I only switch to speakerphone. Tests are go on speaker and microphone. Have erased cache partition, fix apps but still an unuseable phone.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating this is.  Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get the phone working again for those calls. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/  If the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting steps. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes