cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No longer receiving GMail notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So if you go into Device Care in the settings menu and tap the battery option. From there select Power Mode and select High Performance.

dvnn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJace thank you! 🙂

Highlighted
SamsungS10User
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I run my phone on medium power saving and I have seen sometimes gmail gives me instant notifications and sometimes it takes hours

I feel there is a lot of AI running on these phones which has it's own mind and that's making all the decisions on when to send notifications for example or when to put your app to sleep etc

userkDylf9Oxr9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have all as mentioned , high performance all sounds on and still no notifications of gmail?? This is really making the phone useless.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is Gmail the only app you are not receiving notifications from?

userzATEuwITsH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Yahoo app wont update or send notifications.

DumasZack
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue with my S10 with gmail not sending notifications. I found if you go to settings > search for "special access" > optimize battery usage > turn of the gmail app, I started getting notifications again even while on medium power saving mode. I'm not sure if you've tried this yet but it seems to be working again normally for me? Hope this helps.

userqM3sTRMFTv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This actually seems to be helping. I am getting notifications now without having to pickup my phone and see if one came in. I think Samsung overcooked the power saving software and in their zeal to improve battery life they've created a lot of unintended bad things. So far I have to say battery life is better - I'm not sure if this is because it's a new phone or if they're doing a better job of power management - this notification issue notwithstanding. Now battery life is almost as good as my wife's 2-year old iPhone;-[ - the only thing about her phone I like better than my Galaxy.

Jegrimes09
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DumasZack wrote:

I found if you go to settings > search for "special access" > optimize battery usage > turn of the gmail app, I started getting notifications again even while on medium power saving mode.

As soon as I did this, I got several notifications from gmail.... fingers crossed it continues working. Thanks for posting this @DumasZack !!

userSEuypPzYg3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bingo... this solution worked for me.. Ideally Optimize Battery Usage option should have been under Power Mode > Medium Power Saving settings.