JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No service issues

(Topic created: 07-01-2021 02:33 AM)
Sl8er
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have this Galaxy S10 that I purchased in August 2020. I haven't had any issues until 2 weeks ago. My phone roams for service. I thought the sprint/t-mobile merger may have affected service. I switched to the t-mobile Sim card and got no service. I switched back to a sprint Sim and my service was so so. Physically my phone is fine but trying to get service is aggravating. I took it t-mobile and they struggled. I sure could use some help.
3 Replies
Solution
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung Pro and tmobile/sprint employee here

A few things I would suggest:
1) do a network reset with the tmo sim in and see if that does anything different. Restart phone after.
2) ask for a new sim
3) go into settings->connections->mobile networks->network mode and check to see which setting it has selected. Switch to automatic if available or the lte/3g/2g them restart phone
4) if you have sprint complete and have a cor store with techs, have them run diagnostics on it to determine if the antennae are bugging out.

Hope this helps solve your service issue!

View solution in context

Sl8er
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you, I'll try that next
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have Boost Mobile (locked) and they use Sprint as their carrier until January when Sprint dies.
I'm confused because I got a message from Boost Mobile if I don't switch my Sim to T-Mobile I will lose phone number etc...
Yesterday I called Boost and they said I don't have to get a T-Mobile Sim card because I already have the merger in my phone. Nothing else you need to do. I didn't trust the woman so I checked my coverage map and lo and behold the new network coverage is included in my area. I don't need a T-Mobile Sim card she said. payments by auto pay will continue without interuption! People are switching but I don't have to? Seems odd. What do you think? Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to cut in.
0 Likes