Original topic:

No service issues

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 08:21 PM)
Sl8er
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have this Galaxy S10 that I purchased in August 2020. I haven't had any issues until 2 weeks ago. My phone roams for service. I thought the sprint/t-mobile merger may have affected service. I switched to the t-mobile Sim card and got no service. I switched back to a sprint Sim and my service was so so. Physically my phone is fine but trying to get service is aggravating. I took it t-mobile and they struggled. I sure could use some help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung Pro and tmobile/sprint employee here

A few things I would suggest:
1) do a network reset with the tmo sim in and see if that does anything different. Restart phone after.
2) ask for a new sim
3) go into settings->connections->mobile networks->network mode and check to see which setting it has selected. Switch to automatic if available or the lte/3g/2g them restart phone
4) if you have sprint complete and have a cor store with techs, have them run diagnostics on it to determine if the antennae are bugging out.

Hope this helps solve your service issue!

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Jakestar43
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung Pro and tmobile/sprint employee here

A few things I would suggest:
1) do a network reset with the tmo sim in and see if that does anything different. Restart phone after.
2) ask for a new sim
3) go into settings->connections->mobile networks->network mode and check to see which setting it has selected. Switch to automatic if available or the lte/3g/2g them restart phone
4) if you have sprint complete and have a cor store with techs, have them run diagnostics on it to determine if the antennae are bugging out.

Hope this helps solve your service issue!
Sl8er
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you, I'll try that next
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have Boost Mobile (locked) and they use Sprint as their carrier until January when Sprint dies.
I'm confused because I got a message from Boost Mobile if I don't switch my Sim to T-Mobile I will lose phone number etc...
Yesterday I called Boost and they said I don't have to get a T-Mobile Sim card because I already have the merger in my phone. Nothing else you need to do. I didn't trust the woman so I checked my coverage map and lo and behold the new network coverage is included in my area. I don't need a T-Mobile Sim card she said. payments by auto pay will continue without interuption! People are switching but I don't have to? Seems odd. What do you think? Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to cut in.
0 Likes