Original topic:

No wifi calling option

(Topic created: 04-24-2022 09:17 AM)
Members_mjcQQCQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My carrier, cricket, has it enabled on their end but I don't have the option on my phone Galaxy S9. I went through all the work around cricket tried and called Samsung but they could not help. All the easy fixes on the web are not working.

I bought this s9 as factory unlocked and was originally a Verizon phone. Not with me, I have only had it on cricket. Everything works but the wifi calling option and also I can only use 2gb of data even though cricket gives me 5gb.

The store who sold me the phone is no help. I have had it for a year and have been working on this for about 5 months.

I have Android 10 fully updated.

No option on phone for wifi calling.

0 Likes
1 Reply
MDdaigle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not for sure if this might be the problem, but we had a S8 att phone, factory unlocked it after being with AT&T for several years, switched carriers as soon as new carrier sim card was put it and connected the wifi calling option disappeared, put AT&T sim back in it was there, removed put in new sim again and it was gone, even though new carrier had enabled wifi calling on their end. After tons of calls with both Samsung, att and new carrier we could not get the wifi calling option since we rely on wifi calling where we are we had to give in and purchase a brand new unlocked phone and then we had wifi calling again. I've read some carriers will disable certain functions on there carrier locked phones once you unlock and switch carriers 🤷:female_sign:and I mean it completely disappeared like option there to turn on/off then no wifi calling anywhere not grayed out, just not there at all..
0 Likes