Original topic:

Not able to send text messages but can receive them for 3 months on my Galaxy S10 Lite

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 07:58 PM)
Members_xrqdaSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm at my wits end! S10 Lite stopped texting 3 months ago. I can receive, but not send.  I have (literally) tried everything - every type of reboot, reconnecting to towers, power off/power on, verified APN (or whatever it's called), factory reset several times.  I've tried various texting apps, but that does not solve the problem. I've deleted almost all of my texts, but that did not solve the problem. I've uninstalled most of my apps, but that do not solve the problem. Each thing I've tried I may be able to send one or possibly 2 texts after it, but after that it stops working and all texts fail.  I've spent more hours than I can count chatting with carrier and Samsung.  I've sent the phone in twice to Samsung. 2nd time they sent me a new phone. Same issue - still does not text.  The SIM card worked perfectly fine in an old S8 it while my S10 Lite was sent in for repairs, so it can't be the sim card.  Carrier blames Samsung. Samsung blames carrier.  I'm caught in the middle with a phone that does not text.  😡😡😡

0 Likes
9 Replies
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Look up your provider's message center number and added manually
0 Likes
Members_xrqdaSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've entered that number several times (as has my carrier).  But, it doesn't help anything. 

0 Likes
Exy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you're switching phones and the same problem keeps happening, it's probably your carrier. I heard of this issue earlier though and they fixed it with a restart. You should also try a different messaging app like Google's.
0 Likes
Members_xrqdaSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The carrier says everything is fine - strong signal, good connection, account paid up, etc.  Carrier blames Samsung; Samsung blames carrier; I have a phone that does not text.  I've restarted countless times.  Powered off and on.  Erased and reloaded settings.  Everything.  I think I'm using Google's messaging app.  But, in any case, I've lost track of all the messaging apps I've tried.  I think it's around 10 apps or so.  None have worked. 

0 Likes
Datboylou
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This sounds like a carrier issue
0 Likes
Members_xrqdaSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The carrier blames Samsung. Samsung blames the carrier.  Meanwhile, I wake up every day reliving the same nightmare of not being able to text (like the movie Groundhog Day)! 

0 Likes
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What carrier are you using? 

0 Likes
Members_xrqdaSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Cricket.  But, I'm the only customer who has this issue (they've told me). 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating with can and be and I would recommend trying to change your SIM card as that's something you haven't tried. Please keep me posted if you are still experiencing these symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes