Original topic:

Notification sounds not working when phone is in standby.

(Topic created on: 2/20/21 6:23 AM)
usernKOFgzQSby
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Major issue. No notification sounds. I have tried all the stuff listed on here. They will work sometimes when I have the phone open but not always. Usually just a short vibrate. 2 things that are weird and has nothing to do with all the setting people suggest check is that when I access the menu to choose a notification sound and I switch between sounds I hear nothing. My son's same phone plays a preview of each sound. Also when I change the volume on the notification sound I hear nothing unless I adjust the volume on the media or ring tone and then switch back to adjust the volume of the notification and it plays once and only once no matter how many times I move the adjustment bar. Please help!

2 Replies
userWSzHSo83gV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same exact issue here. You can't even hear the notification preview when attempting to change it. No text or any app notification sound.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It honestly sounds like it could be a software issue, I'd recommend visiting your local uBreakiFix for a software reflash: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes