Original topic:

Notification sounds only playing through headphones

(Topic created: 04-13-2022 06:03 AM)
userNaXA0hwjPs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have all of my settings correct - volume up, ringtones and notification sounds set, etc.. I even downloaded the Galaxy app Sound Assistant and toggled the option to get Alerts through Headphones off. When I get a phone call or have my alarm go off, I can hear it coming from the phone's speakers. However, no notification sounds (email, calendar, texts) come through on the speakers - the phone vibrates but no sound. This happens regardless of whether I have the bluetooth setting on or off. That being said, if I plug headphones into the phone, I can hear the notification sounds, but they're still not playing over the phone speakers. One last test I ran was to connect my bluetooth headset (wirelessly). When I did that, the notification sounds came through the phone's speakers, but not through the headset. I then went back into the Sound Assistant and toggled the Alerts through Headphones to On and sent myself a test message. The sound came through my headphones and the phone vibrated without sound. So, it appears that the Sound Assistant works properly when Bluetooth is paired, but there is a problem with the sound when no pairing is in place.

My phone is an s10+ and is running on Android version 12, One UI version 4.0

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe try looking at Settings> Sounds and Vibrations> Separate app sounds. And see if you have this enabled.

You can also look through Developer Options (if enabled) and see if maybe you turned something on/off.

Another option is to go to the apps separately (calendar, email, text) and make sure that Allow Sound and Vibration is enabled for each. Because on my s22+ some of my notifications I have set to Deliver Quietly so I won't get a sound and/or a pop-up but I'll get a notification in the notifications panel.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm assuming some type of setting that you forgot, I can't recall what setting at the top of my head... you can report to samsung for help after reproducing the issue.

Samsung members app > get help > error report.

0 Likes
crundle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try going to settings accessibility hearing enhancements and scroll all the way down to left/right sound balance and make sure your audio and phone speakers are set to the middle.
0 Likes
igJaydonGRose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same issue. S22 Ultra Int'l ver. I hear the sounds through bluetooth but not the phone speakers...
0 Likes