cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Notification won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a daily clean up of my device's storage and as I deleted a thread of messages I received a message from the person whose thread I was deleting. That message now will NOT go away. I have cleared notifications and restarted my phone and even deleted the thread again. If I open the conversation the message that is notifying me will pop up again and even show up on my edge panel(because it's a message from my girlfriend whom I put on the edge panel for quick access to messaging and calling).

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Notification won't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

try clearing cache in recovery mode only if you know what youre doing. DO NOT DO RESET FROM RECOVERY MODE. IT HELPED ME  a bit. heed my warning please.

im onthedge

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

try clearing cache in recovery mode only if you know what youre doing. DO NOT DO RESET FROM RECOVERY MODE. IT HELPED ME  a bit. heed my warning please.

im onthedge

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're right @Onthedge , after clearing cache partition I started my phone and it went away!

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

good for you if it did. it makes your OS  as if new now.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

clearing cachE will NOT REMOVE APPS OR SETTINGS.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar situation, I went into settings->Apps-> opened the app, then did a force stop.  Because this was an app that is always running, AT&T Mobile Security, it restared itself and the badge cleared of the notification, the notification which I could not delete fro the pull down nontification window or by clearing all notications, finally disappeared.  I just posted a new discussion explaining this and for Samsung to please return the clear badge notication option from the home pages for each app, which prior to the S9+ also cleared the notification message itself.  I don't know if this matters, but I disabled on my S9+ my edge panel, because it kept opening up when I would swipe my hand to create a screen capture, something I do a lot of. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

please help me solve this! I have a Galaxy S20 and I'm having the same issue! How do I fix it