JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications not working

(Topic created: 11-20-2019 12:10 PM)
useriZ6ma3N7Ki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought a new Galaxy S10 a few days ago and a day after it was set up, I stopped receiving any notifications for most of my apps. The only notifications I see are WhatsApp messages and emails (from the Gmail and Outlook appps). Those are the only notifications that pop up and also remain in the status bar. Messages from the Messages app does show up on the screen but it immediately disappears (and does not stay in the status bar) and there is no notification sound. I can only see the messages if I open the app. I hard reset my phone which fixed the issue for 2 days but now it's back to before and I can't find any other way to solve this. All the notification settings for the apps are fine and Data Saver is turned off. I've also turned off app optimisation for the apps I want to notify me. None of this has helped. Please can someone help me solve this without wiping my phone again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useriZ6ma3N7Ki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there,

I had gone into 'settings', 'apps', then pressed the 3 dots for the menu, and chose 'special access'. In the special access menu, choose the option called Notification Access. In there, I turned off Clean Master and Antivirus and any other possible security/antivirus apps that may have been controlling the notifications. All my notifications worked perfectly after those apps were turned off. Hope that helps!

View solution in context

11 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you have any power saving modes turned on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useriZ6ma3N7Ki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone is currently on optimised mode. However, after playing around with settings for a while, I figured out the issue thankfully. One of my antivirus apps was blocking my notifications so I turned it off in settings and now I get all notifications.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wonderful! I am happy to hear you were able to resolve the symptoms you were experiencing. Please keep us posted if you need any assistance in the future.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwKd3jscJ0V
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am also having a 'no notifications unless on WiFi' issue, but have no antivirus apps installed, any ideas??

0 Likes
uservRuiIhBOZ4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the exact same notifications issue. Can you please share which antivirus app it was, and how you adjusted the settings to fix it? Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
useriZ6ma3N7Ki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there,

I had gone into 'settings', 'apps', then pressed the 3 dots for the menu, and chose 'special access'. In the special access menu, choose the option called Notification Access. In there, I turned off Clean Master and Antivirus and any other possible security/antivirus apps that may have been controlling the notifications. All my notifications worked perfectly after those apps were turned off. Hope that helps!

uservRuiIhBOZ4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That worked, thank you so much! After months of dealing with this, reaching out to Samsung, and multiple factory resets, no one could give me a solution until now. THANK YOU!

0 Likes
DK87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you very very much for posting this solution,  I was facing this problem with my s10 for 4 months and I've tried everything.

I turned off the Clean master in notification access  and it worked 😃 

Im sooo happy thank you .

0 Likes
coachdjg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! I've tried for the past 3 weeks to get my note 20 ultra to make a notification sound. Your post comments worked immediately!!!  

0 Likes