cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doggydaddy2011
Asteroid

October Security update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all!!  I am new here and I have a question.  I recently purchased a Galaxy S7 edge from ATT.  The latest security update on the phone says 9/1/16.  Was there not an update for October, or have I missed something about the update process.

Thank You.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: October Security update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, doggydaddy2011

We would be unable to speculate on updates released, as updates are created by Google and released to carriers as well as manufacturers to ensure compatibility. You may reach out to your carrier or check your carrier site for information on the latest baseband available for your device. 

To check for updates on your device, you can go to settings about device and tap software update. 

Please be aware that updates for carrier devices require that your device in being used on the original carrier network.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, doggydaddy2011

We would be unable to speculate on updates released, as updates are created by Google and released to carriers as well as manufacturers to ensure compatibility. You may reach out to your carrier or check your carrier site for information on the latest baseband available for your device. 

To check for updates on your device, you can go to settings about device and tap software update. 

Please be aware that updates for carrier devices require that your device in being used on the original carrier network.

View solution in original post

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have the latest updates 9/1/16

AT&T seems to lag about 2 months, so expect 10/1/16 in December..

Thanks, Dave