Original topic:

October Software Update

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 02:55 PM)
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Has anyone else not received the October 2021 System Update yet 
I have a unlocked S10E and last received the September update on September 14 2021.
I have just read that the November 2021 update is already out.
I know that there several months this year that I did not receive the released system updates.
I have my service thought AT&T so would not be surprised if they are holding it up since my phone is unlocked.
Appreciate any input anyone has.
Thank you in advance. 
9 Replies
Jim4427
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
AT&T has released the October update since your phone is unlocked it comes from Samsung
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you Jim4427.
Hopefully Samsung will release it to their unlocked phone owners soon.
Have great day
0 Likes
Jim4427
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would reach out to Samsung you should have received it they're usually pretty fast about releasing software updates to their unlocked devices
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Sarge2 This is somewhat a favorite topic and has been discussed in many threads in this discussion area. Locked, or unlocked, the carrier has to approve the firmware before it is available to devices on their network. They want to ensure that rogue software won't take down their network or drive their support team crazy. 

So, reach out to AT&T and see if they can help you get the update. 

MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

unlocked devices receive updates much much later than carrier devices. like... several weeks later. 

LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MrJell_Lee Depends on carrier. For AT&T that is not the case. I have used unlocked devices for years and get prompt updates. 

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

oh??? did not realize that. Good to know, thanks for the input 🙂

0 Likes
TEUFELHUNDEN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My s10e did same thing,I used my brother's Verizon sim card and it updated all missed software updates.Im usually on straight talk. They didn't send out updates.
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just to follow-up AT&T has now updated software on 1 of my 3 S10E's through them. 2 still have November 2021 update received December 1st 2021 and 1 received the December 2021 update mid December. AT&T has no answer after 60 minutes on a chat.
So much for AT&T releasing their updates timely.
Can only when December update will be received perhaps by February 2022.
And yes all 3 phones are unlocked.
0 Likes