cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cMc214
Constellation

Opinion From An iOS Convert.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 3 months into a full switch from iOS to the Samsung flavor of Android with both phone and tablet, I have to say it is not what I expected.   My assumption from the other side was that you Android users have freedom, flexibility, and control of your devices in a manner unheard of with iOS.  I was very wrong and had way more control of my iOS device.  My experience with my Samsung devices has been forced updates, McAffee bloatware built in and not removable, Bixby buttons you can't fully control, shoddy 3rd party wifi calling apps, not having screenshot control on my own device,  can't uninstall Facebook... are you serious!! I haven't spent this much time looking for fixes and workarounds since I tried gaming on Linux .  I am not sure if this is the normal Android experience or if this is a Samsung thing.  iOS never forced an update, never had bloatware, I can screenshot whatever I want, it let me uninstall anything not system critical. It did common sense things like wifi text/calling native without 3rd party apps.   It is not all bad and I will be staying on team Android this point forward.  I like Android Auto better than Apple Car Play, Google Home is great, and Google Assistant > Siri.  I also feel you get better hardware for your money here in Android world too.   But I think in order to truly be happy on this side I need a more pure Android experience than Samsung provides, maybe Pixel?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tarasaurus
Astronaut

Re: Opinion From An iOS Convert.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pixels come with 0 bloatware, I came from a pixel to the note10+. Last Samsung device I had was the galaxy s5. Which became super slow within a year.

My pixel never slowed down, and I had it for almost 2 years. I loved stock android. Of course Samsung Ui has a bit more features. But honestly I still prefer stock android. Plus the pixel's camera is still unbeatable. If this note10+ had the camera of my last pixel, I'd be 100% satisfied with the note/Samsung

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tarasaurus
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pixels come with 0 bloatware, I came from a pixel to the note10+. Last Samsung device I had was the galaxy s5. Which became super slow within a year.

My pixel never slowed down, and I had it for almost 2 years. I loved stock android. Of course Samsung Ui has a bit more features. But honestly I still prefer stock android. Plus the pixel's camera is still unbeatable. If this note10+ had the camera of my last pixel, I'd be 100% satisfied with the note/Samsung

View solution in original post

cMc214
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the good info!

Samsung_ntIZG1a
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pixel is the only way to get the job done with a new one

Druidlord
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a lot of Android Phones, and even though I currently have a Samsung, I will say it is the most restrictive out of all of the brands. If you are looking for freedom I reccomend the OnePlus product line, as it's almost like they design their phones to be root capable.

userMSNvbWSEmQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, you can move from your iPhone to Samsung Mobile, I am using Samsung Galaxy S9 the best mobile as compare to iPhone 10, I was used iPhone 10 and I had faced lots of problems and mainly I had faced 

icloud verification failed problems but iPhone is the premium mobile, it's not budget-friendly but you can move to Samsung product it provides you the best security best Exynos processor and mainly budget-friendly.