Original topic:

PRL

(Topic created on: 11/5/20 7:00 AM)
BryanM12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok I have a I UICC unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 for spring I use it on T-Mobile network and it won't let me update the PRL. So I can't use the hands free or my aux jack does anyone know how I can update it or bypass it anything

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend reaching out to your carrier. They can help with pushing updates through.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BryanM12 wrote:

Ok I have a I UICC unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 for spring I use it on T-Mobile network and it won't let me update the PRL. So I can't use the hands free or my aux jack does anyone know how I can update it or bypass it anything

@BryanM12 

So the phone is a sprint model of S7, correct?

It is sim unlocked and you use it on T-Mobile, correct?

I don't get the main issue you are experiencing.  Does the phone connect to the T-Mobile network properly or there is an issue with that?

0 Likes
BryanM12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have data and SMS and MMS work I can't use my hands free or aux cord for headphones and radios

Solution
Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BryanM12 

See if you can flash the firmware of the device to T-Mobile.  Look on xda developers forum

View solution in context

0 Likes
user001GLP0uKC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Solved UICC Issue

In late September, My phone updated. Then this annoying popup started. T-Mobile finally admitted their system upgrade for 5G was the issue and I should get a 5G phone. Not! Their upgrade is incompatible with Samsung''s SIM authentication.

This is collusion for sales.

Then on Election Day, T-Mobile starts another upgrade. I couldn't send texts for 36 hours on top of popup. They told me to be patient. Sorry. 2 problems too many.

Solution:
New SIM
New Carrier AT&T
Same Phone S8Plus
No Problem
0 Likes