Original topic:

Permanent lock

(Topic created: 09-07-2019 02:57 PM)
Rashiddd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello. 

Ive noticed that if my phone gets stolen the person who stole it can just go in the bootloader and factory reset everything so the password is gone with my data .

Are there any ways preventing people to unlock the phone even after factory reset?

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A Factor Data Reset lock would then be applied to your device where you would need to enter the account credentials of your Samsung Account or Google Account to unlock the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

Samsung_XWPEGG6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I guess I messed up. I DONT WANT THIS PASSWORD on my phone to unlock frequent user. How get rid of it ?????? H.rosefarris52@gmail.com

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you referring to the screen lock password? There are several options available for keeping your phone locked and secured. However, you can also choose to not have a screen lock. To adjust these settings you would go to Settings>Lock Screen. I am including an article with more information on the different options. (These do not include bio metric options that may be available.)

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/09/how-to-add-screen-lock-on-galaxy-s10-set-up-pattern-pin-password-109...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes