JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Permanently disable Mirrorlink?

(Topic created on: 4/30/18 3:32 PM)
userkjzMZ2huq2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I turned off the MirrorLink function within settings but it keeps turning itself back on.  How do you permanently disable it? 

I have the S9 Plus.  When Mirrorlink is on there is an information bubble that stays on my screen.  I have to turn my phone off for it to go away.  This is everytime Mirrorlink is on or when it turns itself on... after I've turned it off.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userpdNyv86qBW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go into Apps, then click on the 3 dot button at top and select Show System Apps. Then scroll to Samsung Mirrorlink, select it and then click on Disable . No more black screen. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Tralf355
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem for me on an S9.  Any solutions?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try the steps below for disabling MirrorLink. Let us know if this resolves your issue. 

How do I turn off Mirror link?

To use this feature, your car system must support MirrorLink. To turn on MirrorLink: Connect your phone to your car's system using the USB cable. From home, tap Apps > Settings > Connections > More connection settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
uservYr2kiyD2o
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Tralf355 wrote:

Same problem for me on an S9.  Any solutions?

Hello,

The thing with solution proposed by "

0 Likes
Solution
userpdNyv86qBW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go into Apps, then click on the 3 dot button at top and select Show System Apps. Then scroll to Samsung Mirrorlink, select it and then click on Disable . No more black screen. 

View solution in context

userBKgKtXOoPD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried to and it does not work. I can't find any app named that way. I have a Samsung s8. Does it makes a difference?

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userBKgKtXOoPD Thanks for reaching out, Lets try this!

Try to Toggle on/off  MirrorLink: Connect your phone to your car's system using the USB cable. From home, tap Apps > Settings > Connections > More connection settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes