Original topic:

Persistent "Voicemail number unknown" notification on phone and GW4

(Topic created: 08-17-2022 11:41 AM)
Danc13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I completely disabled my voicemail through my carrier (ATT) because 1) I don't use it and 2) because of the constant "new voicemail" notifications on my GW4. Now, I have a persistent "Voicemail number unknown" message on both devices (S10+ and GW4). If I add any number to the "Voicemail number" field, the notifications changes back to "new Voicemail" even though it's been disabled. ATT rep said to "just wait and it would go away." It hasn't and it's incredibly annoying. 

Does anyone have a solution to this that doesn't involve resetting both devices? I've already cleared the phone app's cache and data several times.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there @Danc13, I hope you're doing well.

My wife had the same issue with her Flip 3 and her Watch 4. The only working solution was to clear her voicemail of any unheard/unplayed messages so that they'd be marked off as played/viewed and not new anymore. You should be able to do this without a visual voicemail app from your carrier however it will require you to clear off any "new" messages.

I know this is likely not the answer you were looking for but it worked in my experience.

Best wishes!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.