Original topic:

Phone App changed

(Topic created: 11-08-2021 03:19 AM)
RJOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yesterday 11/7/21 my  Galaxy S8+ phone app was apparently updated. It now has pop ups... and connects automatically to my sonos speakers!!? I just want to use the app to make phone calls. What happened and how do I get rid of this? The app is the basic samsung phone app. Now I get pop ups to install things as well as too much other stuff happening. Please assist in just turning my phone app back to just making and receiving phone calls. Any assistance or insight is appreciated. This is very annoying.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RJOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks. I think I just figured it out. An app called Mood texting had somehow tied itself to my phone app. Uninstalled it and phone app is acting normal. Definitely **bleep** me off. **bleep**g commercial pop ups before during and after trying to make a call.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try the Google Phone app
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just go to default settings
0 Likes
Solution
RJOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks. I think I just figured it out. An app called Mood texting had somehow tied itself to my phone app. Uninstalled it and phone app is acting normal. Definitely **bleep** me off. **bleep**g commercial pop ups before during and after trying to make a call.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Rule of thumb for me - only use apps from proper organizations 🙂
0 Likes