JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone charging port fried - no support on Samsung

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 3:46 PM)
userZmx7hnLHRS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I have been using my charging cord from Samsung and everything works great until this afternoon. I was driving my car, using the same charging cord for the car charger and suddenly I smelled something burning. I look at my phone and my phone was super hot. Pulled out the charging cord and it's all burnt up. My phone charging port fried. This is the first time that this has ever happened. 

I try to reach out to Samsung website to talk with a support member. Get a virtual assistant that consistently led me to a repair station. I reach out to them and they were super helpful. They can fix it but it's going to cost me $129. They can check if I am still covered by the warranty. 

Back to Samsung. I still can't find a support person so I go to their Facebook and finally able to reach someone. However, they are super unresponsive. They ask me for photos, I send them, and it's been well over an hour now since I sent the photos. Seems like they don't want to take any responsibility for their flawed devices. I am still waiting on their response and I can guarantee you that I WILL BE responsible for covering the cost of the repair. No help in any way. 

I have been an avid Samsung Galaxy fan and every time I upgrade, I get the new Galaxy phone that is available. However, for the next upgrade, I will be dropping this line and company. Someone needs to fix their customer support and warranty. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh no! I will be happy to assist you with this.

Could you answer a few questions below:

1. Did you or anyone get injured when this happened?

2. Please provide any additional pictures of the burnt charging port?

Can you provide the following information in a private message so I can get a ticket set up for you with my specialized team? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

First and Last Name:

Property Address:

Email Address:

Phone Number:

Alternate Phone Number (If Available:)

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh no! I will be happy to assist you with this.

Could you answer a few questions below:

1. Did you or anyone get injured when this happened?

2. Please provide any additional pictures of the burnt charging port?

Can you provide the following information in a private message so I can get a ticket set up for you with my specialized team? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

First and Last Name:

Property Address:

Email Address:

Phone Number:

Alternate Phone Number (If Available:)

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

0 Likes