cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userelZDrBzbYI
Constellation

Phone glitch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every time some one calls my phone it continueously gives me a phone has stopped working error and it won't go away unless I restart my phone every time I can call people, but they can't call me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Phone glitch

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userelZDrBzbYI , I am going to piggyback off of SamsungMarcos's answer. Typically, the ".... has stopped working." messages are resolved with a few different steps. Here's what I would like you to do: 1. Go to Settings > Storage > Cached Data > Delete Data | 2. Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > More (3 dots in top right) > Show System Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache (be aware - this will NOT delete contacts) | 3. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Reset Network Settings | 4. Restart Device | 5. Place in Safe Mode | 6. Factory Data Reset | | | Let me know how this works, and if there's any developments! Thank you!

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Quick thing you're going to want to do is to rule out any third party apps that might be causing this. To do that, you'll want to put your device into Safe Mode, while in Safe Mode third party apps will be disabled and you should be able to test the phone function still. If it works fine while in Safe Mode, it means one of your apps is most likely the culprit behind it. The hard part though is finding out which app might be behind it, so I would suggest starting with the most recent ones installed.

Here is an awesome guide to help with putting your device into the Safe Mode - Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userelZDrBzbYI , I am going to piggyback off of SamsungMarcos's answer. Typically, the ".... has stopped working." messages are resolved with a few different steps. Here's what I would like you to do: 1. Go to Settings > Storage > Cached Data > Delete Data | 2. Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > More (3 dots in top right) > Show System Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache (be aware - this will NOT delete contacts) | 3. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Reset Network Settings | 4. Restart Device | 5. Place in Safe Mode | 6. Factory Data Reset | | | Let me know how this works, and if there's any developments! Thank you!

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the assist! Digital high fives all around. Hopefully with that added information this will get fixed up immediately.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userelZDrBzbYI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks these tips helped and now my phone is fixed!

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please mark which answer resolved. Thank you