JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone keep restarting Note 8

(Topic created on: 11/14/18 2:39 PM)
userKOnN29xgFJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone just restarts.  I could be on a call or just playing with phone and it automatically restarts.  I have done safe mode etc and this still happens.  Any thoughts or suggestions.  It seems like the note 8 is having a lot of issues.  My phone also runs very hot when charging.  Hope it doesn't blow up like the past notes. 

user8f5dFdEjLd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone keeps restarting and it won't come fully on till it restarts almost 20 times. I was told since I bought it I'm the u.s, it won't work in my home country and i don't understand all these

0 Likes
userSVt7cRY9vW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where do Will i go؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If all of the steps listed in this thread have been tried, then repairs would be recommended. Your service repair options are as follows:

-Speak with your carrier regarding possible options they may have

-Visit a local uBreakiFix location for walk-in repairs

-Ship-in service repair through samsung

If you are interested in the ship-in repairs, feel free to message us here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userulgFZeJEYB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This pressing up, bixby and power do not work.  I brought it UBRAKIFIX who said board is  a problem. I just have software update and not completed due to this problem. DM-VERITY VERIFICATION FAILED. Samsung note 8?

0 Likes
usersrekI2pBt8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's so pathetic that older and cheaper phones are way more reliable than Samsung's Note 8 "FLAGSHIP" which cost me Rs 66,000 (India). I have serviced this phone once (because it just would not start, i.e, every second it tried to restart and failed and kept trying) just after the warranty period of a year was over (wow so lucky of me) and even after that they just made it usable for a week and then random restarts happened over and over again. Every update that comes i literally keep the phone under my fan so that it does not heat up too much and cause the same issue of force continuous restarts. But unfortunately, it happened again today. Now i fear again that i would have to pay service fee and repair fee and lose all my data. That's what you get if you're a Samsung Customer. If i were an Apple customer though, I would've gotten a replacement by now. But I being silly tech nerd thought Samsung was the way to go. 

Paying so much for a phone and feeling so helpless is so frustrating. I don't use my phone in the sun nor do i use it near any kind of water even though it should be safe (water proof FLAGSHIP) because i just do not trust Samsung.

My dad is furious as his phone has been working for 6 years and my mom's for 4 years without ANY issues. And both their phone's cost combines to less than a third of mine. My dad also being constantly on his phone (more than me, a millenial).

Samsung has lost all respect from me. Tomorrow again I'll go to their service center pay a bunch of money for the mistake i made by buying this phone.

Btw, I have factory reset this phone atleast 7 times, cleared the cache God knows how many times, so it's not that I did not try. Every second Google Pay Services, Instagram, Whatsapp, xyz has stopped working. 

Thanks Samsung.

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

0 Likes
user0UKhMnuWwT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Seriously, have any of you mod read the thread?

Because the ONLY answer given is "does this occur also in safe mode"

YES, IT DOES !!!! It has been written dozens of times.

It happens always. After a factory reset, in safe mode. Everytime, everywhere.

In my case is not only that, but most of the sensors have stopped working. No heart rate, no proximity sensor, no magnetic sensor. Is so frustrating that this happens to this wonderful device.

How can it be that any cheap Xiaomi is far more reliable than a 1000 flagship ???

I have an appointment to service my Note, but I'm wondering if they will really fix anything or I will be facing the same after a while.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I apologize for the frustration. Please keep us updated on your service.

0 Likes
user8hbAcaJKnh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here also with my Note 8. 

A month after the warranty period, all the sensors except the Fingerprint Scanner just stopped working. I forwarded the concern to a Samsung service center and they said they need to replace the Sensor board for 400usd! So i declined and kept using the phone without the sensors. 

3 months after, the automatic restart happens. It just restarts intermittently! Tried in safe mode and still restarted twice. Tried also the factory reset but with the same issue. 

I havent dropped the phone ever since and has a phone protector is it. I guess you cant really trust the quality of a 1000usd phone

0 Likes
userLHdnYr0OwP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, my note8 began restarting by itself for the last 2 months, I took it to a service in Turkey and they said there is problem with motherboard to be changed and they cannot as I bought if from Dubai. Do all these people's phone started the same problem instantly, I dont understand, please clarify. I factory resetted and it it still keeps doing the same.

0 Likes