JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone keep restarting Note 8

(Topic created on: 5/13/18 7:54 AM)
userKOnN29xgFJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone just restarts.  I could be on a call or just playing with phone and it automatically restarts.  I have done safe mode etc and this still happens.  Any thoughts or suggestions.  It seems like the note 8 is having a lot of issues.  My phone also runs very hot when charging.  Hope it doesn't blow up like the past notes. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I apologize for the frustration. We try to make sure that we cover everything, sometimes more than once, to ensure that you get your problem resolved. May, I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information, please?

0 Likes
TGOOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have had the same issue with my NOTE 8. I have wiped the cache multiple times, factory reset, safe mode boot up, etc.. Once it took me 6 factory resets to get the phone to stay on for more than 2 minutes. I use this phone for work, so I guess I get to go buy another one so Samsung can have 2 weeks for diagnostics?? Pretty sad since I get new Samsung devices. Never had this issue on past phones (S3, S4, S5, Note5, S7)???

SamsungJecca
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@TGOOD So sorry to hear about this. Just to confirm, the phone is also restarting while it's booted in Safe Mode? Also, you mentioned sending the phone in for diagnostics, do you already have a Samsung ticket set up? 

0 Likes
TGOOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I called Samsung for help, and they wanted me to ship them my phone for repair? I was then put on hold so I hung up after discussing the issue for 30 minutes about the 4 different times this has happened. Not sure why Samsung doesn't have a place in a very large city where customers can get a replacement device that is refurbished to replace a faulty device. Apple has you beat on this aspect of customer service.

0 Likes
SamsungJecca
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@TGOOD I apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced with this. For all our mobile devices, there is always the option of checking with your carrier for their service options, as well as taking the device to a Samsung Experience shop located inside a Best Buy. If you wanted to continue with the service that the representative you spoke with was working on, I'd be happy to finish setting up the ticket for you. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. 

0 Likes
TGOOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's the other issue. I purchased every available extended and protection warranty offered from Bestbuy, but since my phone wasn't broken they told me they would have to "test" the phone and run diagnostic tests for 3 to 4 hours. Then if that didn't work they would have to mail it to Samsung for further testing. If Samsung couldn't repair the phone they would mail me a new phone in 5 to 7 business days?? That delay in customer service isn't acceptable to me. I'd rather trash this phone and go buy from a manufacturer with better customer service and customer support.  This is coming from a Samsung fan with multiple TVs, Tablets, PC and phones for the past 10 years.

0 Likes
TGOOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Be honest with us about the issue. If I need to return the phone and just get a replacement I don't care, but not having a phone that is reliable is not acceptable. Never had this issue on any previous samsung phones. Now my wife wants me to use her i-phone??? Seriously please help.

0 Likes
userS48rCHOBhS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This note 8 is not a phone to purchase. I'm frustrated too with this rebooting issue. Given that I purchased the phone in Dubai and I can't return it since I stay in Zimbabwe

0 Likes
userYW0RQyDZ56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A big company like Samsung, and after its commitment to deliver reliable products after the failure of Note 7, has to have a tool for phone users that decisively determines if the problem is related to a hardware defect or just software issues! I'm experiencing the same issue and wondering why it is a big deal to have an installed Samsung App that logs something that we can share with you Samsung for you to decide if a hardware problem exists. I have been using Samsung phones for more than 7 years now and wondering why Samsung keeps letting the people speculate about the reasons! Develop a tool that cuts the thread and relieve your customers. My frustration has come to a point where I started asking myself why I should keep using Samsung! My wife has been using iPhone for than 5 years now and I have never seen anything like this!

0 Likes
Wookie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am too having this issue ! I have done everything that is recommended to fix this issue. Nothing works. It happened all the time on my note8, so I upgraded to Note9, and now I have more random reboots and once it reboots it reboots 15-30 times until it stops finally. This is unacceptable for a 1000.00USD flagship phone to have this widespread issue. There are TONS of posts on this issue for these 2 models. FIX THIS ASAP!

0 Likes