cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone keys give no response- cant turn it on/off

This is the problem with phones without easily accessible battery. S6 edge model.

Blinking blue light is the only sign phone may be on. Need to make it on/restart

Nothing appears on screen, tried the dozen types of suggestions that says...
'press and hold (these keys) for (x) seconds till something happens'

I let it's battery die when it happened last time.
Ran ok for a few days, then happened again. I charged battery this time in case low battery is the problem.
Problem persists, now it will take weeks for battery to die on its own.
Is there a hole to push a pin through that will reset phone?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Phone keys give no response- cant turn it on/off

@user0n0AbbIIvX 

What phone model are you using? What's your firmware version? Any damage to the phone?

Some routine troubleshooting might help here!

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Supernova

@user0n0AbbIIvX did this answer your original inquiry?

If so, can you click "Accept as a solution" on the post that helped so that others know the answer here?

Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Constellation

sm-G925W8

Just keeps blinking blue LED, no response whichever button combo is pressed to restart it. Nothing on screen.

Since phone is on is there a pin I insert into one of those tiny holes that will restart phone?

Otherwise only option is to open the phone and remove battery. But these phones r difficult to open.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were you able to test your device in safe mode? If the symptom persists, I recommend having the device evaluated by a Samsung authorized technician. You may take the device to your local UBreakIFix and they can usually have your device to you within a day.