cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serge
Constellation

Phone locked after Marshmallow update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After Marshmallow update fingerprint unlock worked fine but the backup password was not recognized. I was unable to reset the backup password and after the phone restarted it is locked. The phone does not accept any other way to unlock besides entering the backup password (which is not recognized).

Is any solution for this problem without factory reset?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: Phone locked after Marshmallow update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

login to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ with your Samsung credentials. If you can see your phone there (depends on carrier) then you should be able to unlock it (again depends on carrier). 

If not then you have to factory reset. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

login to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ with your Samsung credentials. If you can see your phone there (depends on carrier) then you should be able to unlock it (again depends on carrier). 

If not then you have to factory reset. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userlGZseYWu6O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well this didn't help me phone still locked 

Highlighted
userABoTuaLmxO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung doesn't find my phone. Of course, the (laughably named) Technical Support chat rep told me that my phone's settings must not be correct for it, even though I told him I'd set up Find My Mobile and turned on location and Remote Access. It's funny that Google's Find My Device finds it just fine, but I haven't found the Lock tool on it that's supposed to let me unlock it through Google.

Samsung's Find My Mobile should at least show my phone, then say it didn't find it. Nope, not even though it's registered on the Samsung website. It found my old one, and then after I turned that one off, it still showed the phone's existence on the findmymobile page, just said it couldn't find it, which is what it would have done with my new phone if Samsung would actually add it to Find My Mobile. It's showing in my Samsung account. These Tech Reps seem pretty useless at this point.