JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone locked after last update

(Topic created on: 7/7/19 1:06 PM)
userSoNfi9dGMI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I updated my phone with the latest software update.  When it restarted it asked me for a password to asccess my device even though I have never set up my phone with a password to access it.  I have tried possible passwords I may have used and my google/verizon/samsung accounts password.  None worked.  I've talked to Verizon and Google support and both recommend a factory reset by neither can reset my phone.  I don't mind doing a factory reset, but I can't even power my phone down to access the boot up options.  I've noticed a few others have had this issue, and I've tried their suggestions but none are working. 

What is the solution that Samsung is working to fix their last update issue?

123 Replies
Samsung_1uuanJl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I received an update on my S10.  A password screen showed up after the update.  I have entered the password, hit done, a black screen shows up and then the password screen is back.  I have tried safe mode... everything I can think of.  Any suggestions?  I have not had a phone for over 2 days now.   

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_1uuanJl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I tried it last night.  It did not solve the probelm.   Thank you for your help! 

userp4OcXEDqsx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I’m having the same issue.  Others are as well.  Samsung sent me to an authorized service center and the folks there said that several others have been in with the same problem.  No resolution that I’m aware of.  Have to wait for Samsung update.  Haven’t seen anything from Samsung yet.

Samsung_1uuanJl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you able to use your phone at all?  I was on the phone with Samsung, AT&T and Google for  hours.  Each one wants to blame the other for the update.  Samsung was even going to send me a new phone.  A new phone was not going to solve the issue of obtaing my information off of my current phone.   

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_1uuanJl Do you have find my mobile set up on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJtJywueAal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This has happened to me too. This is crazy. I can't believe Samsung sent out an update that has literally locked people out of their phones and they have yet to resolve it. 

Samsung_1uuanJl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A Samsung rep yesterday finally sent me a shipping label to send my phone to a Samsung center.  They promised me they can unlock it with out a factory reset.  At this point, it is what it is.  My fingers are crossed.  I asked them why no one tested the update before it was passed along to the phone carrier.  They said Google makes the update and they just pass it along.  It has certainly taught me to make sure everything is always backed up.  

useriJoptRNLZK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_1uuanJl Hi there, did they ever get to unlock it without a factory reset? I realize this is a year later. But I just got this phone this year and am having this problem. I really don't want to factory reset, due to my data and photos not being backed up since may.

0 Likes
Samsung_1uuanJl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I tried it on my own and with a Samsung rep on the phone.  The update turned off the remote unlock option.  Without that option working, it does nothing.