JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone locked after last update

(Topic created on: 7/10/19 10:10 AM)
userSoNfi9dGMI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I updated my phone with the latest software update.  When it restarted it asked me for a password to asccess my device even though I have never set up my phone with a password to access it.  I have tried possible passwords I may have used and my google/verizon/samsung accounts password.  None worked.  I've talked to Verizon and Google support and both recommend a factory reset by neither can reset my phone.  I don't mind doing a factory reset, but I can't even power my phone down to access the boot up options.  I've noticed a few others have had this issue, and I've tried their suggestions but none are working. 

What is the solution that Samsung is working to fix their last update issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
123 Replies
FreedomParty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

SOLUTION:

I find that if I hold the VOL UP and VOL DOWN + Power and reboot the phone it then lets me enter my PIN

that solved the issue for me although every now and then if I turn off and on and get the same issue I have to perform the same fix.

thank goodness.....for now and hope this helps anyone before they reset...

0 Likes
user9nhosqdpaf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same situation as well , I just bought the phone s10 last week in australia . I try to  set up my new phone and than have someone ring me another phone , after while try to continue set up my new  phone again, suddunely ask me password , but i never set up password why will ask me password.of couse cant be unknock .

so , I serach on internt said  try doing a factory reset and google/samsung account password  but still  none worked, lucky is new phone didnt have photo or all important things inside . buy I was very unhappy , becuase I was never use the phone call anyone or take phone and alreday knock my phone . I dont know who can help me and what should i do now .

0 Likes
Siouxzi99s81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What can I do to unlock it without factory reset??  Cause that's bull! 

userZBpSIFOPvv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue is anything but resolved. 

Don't even dream of talking to Samsung about this issue, possibly my poorest customer service experience trying to get this resolved on phone for 90 minutes by one increasingly incompetent agent after another. I ended up wiping the phone myself and losing all my data because they can't solve this issue and don't seem prepared to address it or capable of resolving it. Last Samsung phone that I will own after that experience. Absolute joke.

0 Likes