JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone not allowed for voice

(Topic created: 12-21-2020 09:27 AM)
userqaELhR8NGO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not able to make any calls or use mobile data using my S9. I've had it for two years now and it's worked perfectly fine with all types of carriers (US and international carriers). All of a sudden after switching my SIM, it started displaying "Phone not allowed for voice". I thought at first the issue was related to the SIM, but that same SIM works fine in another phone. I also tried using different SIMs from different carriers (even new SIMs) and none of them seems to work. I'm sure they all work on different phones, so I don't see why it wouldn't work on mine.

It just displays that message and "Emergency calls only" at the top.

I've tried:
- Check if IMEI is blacklisted (..And it's not)

- Reseting network settings
- Switching SIMs and contacting my carrier (as described above)
- Manually selecting the network to connect on "Connections/Mobile Networks/Network operators" and it always fails to connect
I've googled this issue and I think I've already tried everything except factory reset which it's my last option. I'd really appreciate any help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It honestly sounds like the SIM reader went out, I'd recommend getting it evaluated by a tech. You could always visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It honestly sounds like the SIM reader went out, I'd recommend getting it evaluated by a tech. You could always visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userXmDrkK1tsF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the exact same issue on my j4+ in the UK after doing android update to pie only way I can call or txt is via my wifi at home bought sim cards from different operators and still exactly the same problems

0 Likes