This widget could not be displayed.

Original topic:

Phone not staying connected to Wi-Fi on certain apps

(Topic created: 06-13-2022 10:59 AM)
Slothy1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My son's phone is being VERY temperamental and is not connecting to WiFi at times. The phone actually shows the connection is there, but YouTube,  the browser and other wifi apps will not load. (These same apps will also not load on mobile at times.) All other devices are connecting and working fine. We would like to avoid a factory reset, but we have tried everything else that is suggested. This is becoming very frustrating, as before last week, everything was working just as it should. 

I have seen the bad reviews the latest update of YouTube is getting, but nnoone I actually know has been having any issues. I don't know what is happening and wondered if you guys had any ideas before I am left with only the factory reset option and/or buy a newer phone for him.

TIA!
11 Replies
Jamess467
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you cleared the cache for those apps?
Nikolai_
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree with James. Cleared cache? But also have you reinstalled the apps? Also look for any power/battery saving apps. Typically these types of apps will restrict usage in hopes to save battery but can result in moments like this as well.

Other than that mentioned above, a factory reset would be the next option if the OS and apps are all up to date.
Slothy1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
We have tried reinstall also. I will look into any power/battery saving settings that may be in use. Thank you for the info 👍
0 Likes
Nikolai_
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not just settings but a legit app downloaded. Not sure the age of your son but young ones tend to believe they work when it's just a way to get ads on your device 😅😅
0 Likes
Slothy1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
We have 🤷‍:female_sign:
Ch_k37
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can just back up all of your data to your computer or your other devices..

And just refresh your device by factory reset..

When the reset complete, just put it again all the data from your computer or other devices using "SMART SWITCH"..

hope this useful..
Ch_k37
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Send Data to >> your other device or Computer

Receive data To >> your current device.. 👍Screenshot_20220613-164840_Smart Switch_7550_1655153320.jpg
0 Likes
Jamess467
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you tried a network reset?
0 Likes
Slothy1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep