Original topic:

Phone starts randomly playing media while connected to bluetooth

(Topic created: 08-03-2022 08:33 AM)
user1OpHbztaEr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Galaxy S10e. At work, I use a Microsoft headset that is simultaneously connected to a USB dongle in my computer AND the Bluetooth on my S10e, so I can make/accept urgent phone calls without being visibly on my cell phone.

Sometimes, when I get a Teams call on my computer, as soon as the Teams call disconnects (whether because I ended it or because I ignored it and it stopped ringing), my cell phone will start randomly playing media. It has happened with Apple Music, Spotify, and Google Podcasts, and it's always something I was listening to recently but not necessarily the last thing I was listening to. 

(For example: a few days ago, I played a song in Apple Music through Android Auto, and let it continue playing the rest of the album. This morning, I played a podcast through Android Auto. Today at work, a Teams call stopped ringing and my phone started playing the first song I had pulled up a few days ago)

This also doesn't happen consistently. It appears to be completely random, so if there is a pattern, I couldn't possibly tell you what it is. Every time it happens, I pause the media, swipe away the controls on my lock screen/notification feed, and make sure the app is fully closed. Sometimes it happens again five minutes later, and sometimes it doesn't happen again for the rest of the day. 

I can understand and appreciate why, if I was actively listening to something and it was interrupted by a call, it would resume after the call. But how do I stop my phone from "resuming" something I had already paused and closed the app for just because my previously occupied Bluetooth is now free? I've dug through the settings in every way I can think of and Googled relentlessly. No luck. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same issue on my S22 ultra, very random, and has been happening less of late, but still happens. A force close of the app that starts playing will stop it untill I use the app (restart it essentially). Very jarring to hang up a call and be blasted with music.
0 Likes
mohsen68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same problem on my S22 ultra. Its annoying. One time i had to uninstall my Spotyfy to stop that. Then my google podcast took over and started to play as soon as i connect to android auto. It really sucks. Please let me know if there is a solution for this.
0 Likes